The Legend of Zelda is one of the biggest games that is released in a very old time but still attain the same quality that players loved. From the first game that is released in 1986, to the 2017 Legend of Zelda: Breath of the wild. I mean, seriously, it’s a good game – the graphic, gameplay, and originality that is well-kept.
The hype is getting higher as Nintendo announced the new Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2, the continuation of the first game. It was mentioned that the game will be released within this year. People are still waiting, hoping for the best and wishing the game would be better. Or, at least as good as before.
Until the new announcement came from Nintendo’s official YouTube Channel. The director himself, Eiji Aonuma, informed us that there’s an update that the developer decide to extend the development time a bit, then announced the new release date which is Spring 2023 next year. He even apologized for that. Below is what he said:
“Hello, I’m Eiji Aonuma, Producer of the Legend of Zelda series. I have an update to share on the launch timing of the sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. We Previously announced that we were aiming for a 2022 release for this game. However, we have decided to extend our development time a bit and change the release date to Spring 2023. For those of you who have been looking forward to a release this year, we apologize”.
Eiji Aonuma also stated that the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 will be much better than the predecessor and include a new location in the sky. Aonuma-san also said that there will be new features that will be introduced in the new sequel, increasing the level of the player’s curiosity.
If you got curious as well, let’s watch the Launch Timing Update videos together:
The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda is an amazing game that is created by two people – Shigeru Miyamoto and Takashi Tezuka together with Nintendo’s development team. It’s an action RPG game that combines quite a lot of elements including puzzle games.
The stories go around the hero named Link – a Hylian man with elf characteristics, and Zelda – a magician princess who is also the reincarnation of the goddess Hylia. Once upon a time, their world named Hyrule was invaded by Ganon, the demon king who once was a warlord. He wishes to recreate the land of Hyrule into the dark world he desires using the relics of the goddess called the Triforce.
Each of the Legend of Zelda games that were released is actually different from the other. However, similar to the Pokemon story, there’s a pattern that the game follows – The Warrior Link travels around the world to fight evil and free Princess Zelda from the bad guy. That is for sure.
There’s Fun Fact about this game that is quite interesting to talk about and here we are:
- The Legend of Zelda sometimes makes people confused. Because the title has Zelda in it, some people mistake the main Hero’s name for Zelda. Although those who play the game from the beginning will understand that the real hero’s name is Link and the princess that he will save is Zelda.
- Robin Williams, the infamous actor (and I am his biggest fan) loved The Legend of Zelda. He loved it so much, that he named his daughter “Zelda Williams”.
- The creator of The Legend of Zelda, Shigeru Miyamoto also famous for making another iconic video game entitled “Super Mario”. Some people might know him because he’s one of the most famous game creators other than Hideo Kojima and Tetsuya Nomura
- Because of that, there are some easter eggs that you can find inside the Legend of Zelda game. Like in the Ocarina of Time, there are pictures of Mario, Luigi, and Bowser hanged on the wall of Hyrule Castle. Also in the Link’s Awakening, you will get Yoshi in the form of a toy which you can get in the in-game’s mini-game.
- One of the rarest collectible items that you can collect is the Gold-plated Legend of Zelda NES game cartridge. The price is quite high which is US$25,000 and definitely, you need to get it if you are a die-hard fan of Legend of Zelda.
The delay of the game Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 must be for a reason and the creator himself said they need a little more time to develop the game. Even though the postponement is official, some players as well as Zelda’s Fan is happy about it. For me, it’s better for the developer to finish the game completely before the release date just to make sure the game is perfectly enjoyable… unlike some games that end with the number 2077.
And it’s quite a gentlemen for a game developer to announce the delay so we can be sure to know what’s going on. Otherwise, always looking forward to the game to be played! Really hope I can fly to the floating city very soon.